A ribbon-cutting ceremony on October 29 for the State Boulevard Realignment marked the completion of a multi-year effort to improve the roadway. State Boulevard enhancements include:
- Replacing and removing a failing bridge over 90 years old
- Realigning State Boulevard to remove a severe curve and a frequent location of accidents
- Addressing flooding concerns
- Improving safety for walkers, bicyclists, and motorists
- Adding landscaping and decorative lighting to the area.
American Structurepoint provided roadway and bridge design, construction inspection, and project program management services for the $10.2 million project. Several staff members attended the ribbon cutting, including Ryan Cummins, Scott Crites, and Briana Hope.