American Structurepoint projects and people landed in the news media and on the internet 20 times in December.
- The opening of the new Lewis and Clark Bridge and the entire 8.5-mile East End Crossing roadway received extensive media coverage in the Kentuckiana region and even in Indianapolis. The media outlets include Louisville TV stations WAVE, WDRB, WHAS, and WLKY; The Louisville Courier-Journal, The Jeffersonville/New Albany News and Tribune, and Indianapolis TV station WTHR.
- Our involvement in phase 1 of the Fort Wayne riverfront development project received extensive coverage throughout December. The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, Fort Wayne News- Sentinel, Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly, and Inside Indiana Business all ran articles mentioning American Structurepoint as a design team member. We are doing environmental coordination/permitting and some utility coordination for the multimillion dollar project.
- The public unveiling of the Lawrenceburg Riverfront Master Plan, which was managed and written by our Planning Group, received coverage by Local Channel 12 News in Cincinnati and Eagle Country 99.3 in Lawrenceburg.
- Both The Indianapolis Business Journal and The Indianapolis Star named the November passing of a Marion County referendum to raise income taxes to pay for public transit as a top 10 story of 2016. The tax would help pay for the operation of the Red Line Bus Rapid Transit for which we have completed traffic signal analysis and design.
- The Times of Northwest Indiana wrote an article about a public hearing covering three projects we’re doing in Portage. The projects include a $2.6 million biosolids improvements project for the wastewater treatment plant and a $762,000 an interceptor rehabilitation project.
- The Northwest Indiana Times also published a story about our engineering work on a $5 million project to realign the intersection of US 12 and US 20 in Gary. The road project will shift the merger of the two roads eastward to open space for development around the South Shore commuter rail station.
- Inside Indiana Business and The Jeffersonville/New Albany News and Tribune published articles about the completion of International Drive (a heavy haul road) at the River Ridge Commerce Center.
- The Greensburg Daily News covered changes to engineering and surveying work we are doing for Phase II of the Veterans Way project.