Welcome to a new feature that we plan to run each month during our 50th year celebration. Our first entry deals with the names for all our conference rooms at our corporate headquarters. Newer employees may think the conference room names seems rather random, but nothing could be further from the truth. Each name represents a chapter in the company’s history.
- Grandview Center, West, and East – Jim Wurster and Bill Gervasio started the company in 1966 from Jim’s home on Grandview Drive on the northwest side of Indianapolis.
- Michigan Meeting Room – The second location for our company was a trailer situated along Michigan Road near the former 421 Bowl at 7420 Michigan Road.
- College Conference Room – Our first “real” office location was at 3819 North College Avenue. This conference room originally was located in the 7260 building, and is now located in the 7340 building.
- As we outgrew the office on College, we moved to two different locations along 38th street, including:
- Guilford Board Room – a 2-story house converted to office space near the intersection of 38th Street and Guilford Avenue (903 38th Street), where we stayed until 1974.
- Ruckle Drawing Room – an office building at 38th Street and Ruckle Avenue (525 E 38th Street). This location on 38th Street was our home for 10 years, from 1974 to 1984.
- Millersville Library – Millersville Road served as our headquarters for 17 years, from 1984 to 2001. Bill Gervasio found the abandoned office building, and after we renovated the space, we moved in and had plenty of room to grow.
- Shadeland Conference Room – American Structurepoint moved to our current location at 7260 Shadeland Station in September 2001.
- Gaskins Marketing Center – This meeting room is named after the late Bill Gaskins, who was our firm’s first business development staff member. Bill passed away in October 2002.